Who we are
Andrieux & Associates Geomechanics Consulting, L.P. (A2GC) is a Montreal-based Canadian consulting firm established in 2015, which offers technical services in the fields of geomechanics, ground control, numerical modelling, mine design and drilling and blasting to local and international mining, construction and civil engineering clients.
Technical work is directed and supervised by Patrick Andrieux, a mining engineer with over thirty-five years of experience at operating mine sites (both on surface and underground), as well as in research and development, instrumentation, technical services and support, and consulting.
Our goal and approach
Our objective at A2GC is to provide our clients with the highest quality technical services in a timely and cost-effective manner, for the ultimate goal of efficiently solving complex geomechanical and blasting challenges.
A2GC can address a wide range of projects, from small to large. When required, it can rely on a network of hand-picked external associates, all world-class leaders in their line of work, and notably in the fields of structural mapping, instrumentation, hydrogeology and civil engineering. This approach allows A2GC to offer a wide array of world-class technical services while maintaining a light structure, which, in turn, allows for competitive hourly rates and, consequently, lower overall project costs.
When projects do involve external participants, A2GC strives to streamline communications for the client, by sub-contracting, administrating, coordinating, supervising and reporting all aspects of the work.
What makes us unique
A2GC personnel combine the experience of working at active mine sites with that of providing technical and consulting services to a wide range of clients. Having worked “on both sides of the fence” provides A2GC with an unparalleled perspective on its clients’ needs and expectations.
A2GC combines this experience with a thorough understanding of the mining business, whereby uncertainties, risks, costs, cycle times and delays are to be minimised, while productivity, production and, ultimately, profits must be maximised. A2GC recognises that, even though safety risks are not acceptable under any circumstance, some level of business risk – related to tolerable geotechnical compromises – may be allowable depending on the tolerance of the client.
A2GC personnel have extensive experience running and managing geomechanical, ground control, mine design and drilling and blasting technical projects, which allows for a tight fit to be maintained between the analyses undertaken and the objectives of the work, to efficiently zero-in on a practical, efficient, doable and viable solution.
Statement of qualifications
A2GC offers a wide range of services to its mining, construction and civil clients, other consulting firms, government agencies and contractors.
Selected clients list
- Agnico Eagle – Discovery, Gilt Edge, Goldex, Hope Bay, Kittilä, LaRonde, Meliadine
- ArcelorMittal – Mont Wright
- Arianne Phosphate – Lac à Paul
- Austin Powder Corp. – Corporate Technical Services
- Bonterra – Lac Bachelor
- Canadian Malartic – Canadian Malartic, East Malartic, Odyssey
- Canadian Royalties – Allammaq
- Capstone – Cozamin
- Codelco – El Teniente
- Coeur Mining – Silvertip
- Continental Gold – Buriticá
- Dalradian – Curraghinalt
- DST – Pickle Crow
- EBC – Romaine-4
- Eldorado – Lamaque
- Falco – Horne 5
- Freeport-McMoRan – Grasberg
- Glencore – Fraser, Kidd, Matagami/McLeod, Morgan, Nickel Rim South, Raglan
- Government of Quebec – Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources
- Greenstone Gold Mines – Hardrock
- Hecla – Casa Berardi, Corporate Technical Services
- Iamgold – Boto, Essakane, Fayolle, Grand Duc, Rouyn Gold, Westwood
- Kirkland Lake Gold – Detour Lake, Holloway, Holt, Macassa, Taylor
- Magris Resources – Niobec
- Monarch – Beaufor
- Newmont / Goldcorp – Century, Eleonore, Hollinger, Hoyle Pond, Musselwhite, Pamour
- Nippon Dragon – Rocmec I
- Osisko – Bonanza Ledge, Cariboo, Windfall
- Rio Tinto – Diavik, Kennecott
- Sintra –St-Jean-Chrysostome quarry
- Stone Canyon – Seleine
- Stornoway – Renard
- Trevali – Caribou
- VALE – Coleman
- Wesdome – Kiena